Precision – Project Manager Job Description – condensed version
The Project Manager at Precision Landscape is responsible for managing and scheduling projects, accounts, and teams while tracking production, materials, time, and budget targets. This person will align our clients and team members with proactive communication and innovative industry techniques. The Project Manager will provide solutions for change, give direction, solve problems, and align teams and clients with company goals. Those who consistently exceed goals, perform at top levels, push themselves and others to get results, will have amazing growth potential within the company.
ABOUT PRECISION LANDSCAPE:
We are an award-winning company, operating locally and growing exponentially. Our mission is to help every client maximize their outdoor living experience. We work in many different verticals in the landscape industry, providing residential and commercial services. Our core values are the backbone of our business, and they guide our hiring process: we are accountable, results-oriented, aligned, disciplined, inspirational, and transparent.
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements, material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of the job(s) within project deadlines.
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at job sites and shop/yard.
- Assist in the preparation of job site(s) before beginning a project.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities for the team.
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members.
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates.
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions.
- Operate various tools and equipment as necessary.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, retaining walls, patios, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning.
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines.
- Complete and submit required paperwork, including daily site meeting logs, crew forms, equipment inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials paperwork, requests for time off, etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and inventory in shop/yard areas.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out safely and efficiently and that all crew members comply with government and company PPE and safety standards. Enforce all local, state, and federal safety regulations for the crews.
- Communicate with the Project Foreman and team members, and clients throughout the project.
- Strive for continuous personal improvement, training of crew members, and growth throughout the company.
- Embrace the company values and mission statement, and promote alignment with team members, clients, and the company.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools, and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction projects.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines, and in a fast-moving environment.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Perform ethically and with integrity.
- Carry and use a smartphone for communication and reporting.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to maintain company and client confidential information
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Able to speak, read, and write English
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds repeatedly and assisting on job sites, as necessary.
- Excellent stamina and work ethic.
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials.
- Work outdoors in various conditions, including heat, humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Precision Landscape recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.