Precision – Mechanic Job Description – condensed version
The Mechanic will ensure that all trucks, trailers, heavy equipment, and small engine equipment will be maintained and repaired to run and operate efficiently. The mechanic will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, overhauling and service of various types of machinery for Precision Landscape. This roll will play an important part in keeping the production vehicles in the field which allows the entire team to work reliably.
ABOUT PRECISION LANDSCAPE
We are an award-winning company, operating locally and growing nationally. Our mission is to help every client maximize their outdoor living experience. We work in many different verticals in the landscape industry, providing residential and commercial services. Our core values are the backbone of our business, and they guide our hiring process we are: Accountable, Results Oriented, Aligned, Disciplined, Inspirational, and Transparent.
- Perform preventive maintenance, inspections, and service on trucks, equipment, assorted machines, and small engines, both in the shop and field.
- Coordinate with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machinery.
- Adjust, overhaul, repair, and reassemble engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, differentials, brakes, drive shafts, axels, and other assemblies
- Test, diagnose, and repair equipment including diesel powered automobiles, tractors, dump trucks, excavators, heavy trucks, and other heavy construction equipment.
- Test, diagnose, and repair small engine equipment
- Monitor equipment, trucks, and trailers to determine compliance with prescribed operating and safety standards, DOT.
- Assist with employee training on daily inspections, care, and proper use of vehicles /
- Identify and resolve the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
- Grease, oil and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
- Thoroughly clean machines and parts to maintain optimum operating results.
- Order and install replacement parts for machines on a timely basis.
- Prepares reports documenting work performed and keep records of repaired, damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Complete maintenance reports, work orders, and any other required paperwork (daily)
- Clean, organize, inventory, stock, maintain shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness / organization in shop and equipment areas
- Repair broken machines quickly and efficiently.
- Complete all repairs to high standards of safety and quality
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health, safety laws and regulations
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle, heavy equipment, and small engine repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Mechanically inclined with great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational/technical school program or apprenticeship in auto repair, heavy equipment or related field required.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Commercial driver’s license may be required.
- DOT Certification required within 1 year of employment (Training provided)
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Paid Holidays
- PTO Program
- Simple IRA Plan
- Professional Training & Development Opportunities
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Precision Landscape recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Already a Precision Landscape candidate? Please connect directly with your recruiter to discuss this opportunity.