Project General Labor Description
POSITION SUMMARYThe Precision Landscape General Labor team member is responsible for a variety of tasks (physical labor) to assist with landscape construction projects and will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment. Please inform us if you have specific skills such as paver installation, construction, irrigation installation, fertilizer and chemical application, or mowing maintenance. Those who consistently exceed goals, perform at top levels, and push themselves and others to get results will have amazing growth potential within the company.
ABOUT PRECISION LANDSCAPEWe are an award-winning company, operating locally and growing exponentially. Our mission is to help every client maximize their outdoor living experience. We work in many different verticals in the landscape industry, providing residential and commercial services. Our core values are the backbone of our business, and they guide our hiring process: we are accountable, professional, driven, trustworthy, and aligned.
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the start of a project.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Assist in construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, conduct inspections, lubricate, and clean.
- Dig ditches or trenches.
- Perform land clearing activities.
- Plant and maintain garden beds and lawns.
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects.
- Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies, and hand lifting/carrying.
- Assist foreman with job-related tasks.
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Comply with all company policies, regulations, and Core Values.
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
- Strive for continuous personal improvement through training and growth with the company.
- Embrace the company values and mission statement and promote alignment with team members, clients, and the company.
- Client and quality focus.
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Time management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction projects.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and collectively as part of a team.
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for prolonged periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in the landscape/construction industry
- A valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds repeatedly and assist on job sites, as necessary.
- Excellent stamina and good manual dexterity.
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials.
- Work outdoors in various conditions, including heat, humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITYAs an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Precision Landscape recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Already a Precision Landscape candidate? Please connect directly with your recruiter to discuss this opportunity.
We Provide Landscaping Services to all of Otter Tail County and the surrounding areas, including: