Project Foreman Job Description
POSITION SUMMARYThe landscape construction Foreman is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects, including project execution, planning for labor and equipment requirements, material deliveries, and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines. Those who consistently exceed goals, perform at top levels, and push themselves and others to get results will have amazing growth potential within the company.
ABOUT PRECISION LANDSCAPEWe are an award-winning company, operating locally and growing exponentially. Our mission is to help every client maximize their outdoor living experience. We work in many different verticals in the landscape industry, providing residential and commercial services. Our core values are the backbone of our business, and they guide our hiring process: we are accountable, professional, driven, trustworthy, and aligned.
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements, material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of the job(s) within project deadlines.
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at job sites and shop/yard.
- Assist in the preparation of job site(s) before beginning a project.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day-to-day work activities for the team.
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members.
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates.
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions.
- Operate various tools and equipment and necessary.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning.
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines.
- Complete and submit required paperwork, including daily site meeting logs, crew forms, equipment inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials paperwork, requests for time off, etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out safely and efficiently and that all crew members comply with government and company PPE and safety standards. Enforce all local, state, and federal safety regulations for the crews.
- Communicate with the Project Coordinator and team members, and clients throughout the project.
- Strive for continuous personal improvement, training of crew members, and growth throughout the company.
- Embrace the company values and mission statement and promote alignment with team members, clients, and the company.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools, and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction projects.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines, and in a fast-moving environment.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Perform ethically and with integrity.
- Carry and use a smartphone for communication and reporting.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and holidays
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Able to speak, read, and write English
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds repeatedly and assist on job sites, as necessary.
- Excellent stamina and work ethic.
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials.
- Work outdoors in various conditions, including heat, humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITYAs an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Precision Landscape recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Already a Precision Landscape candidate? Please connect directly with your recruiter to discuss this opportunity.
We Provide Landscaping Services to all of Otter Tail County and the surrounding areas, including: